Copper Plate Francis Brown - Circa 1833-1843
This Copper Plate was produced as an armorial ware commission by Francis Brown.
The Crest Order Book shows multiple orders for ware made by Francis Brown. An order made in June 1837 contained 39 pieces of cream coloured ware decorated with a brown broad and fine line with crest.
- Type of object: Manufacturing paraphernalia and miscellany/engraving
- Mark: CP112: Francis Brown Esq, G. Harris No 31 Shoe Lane (engraved on reverse).
CP112a: Francis Brown (in pencil on reverse).
CP112b: Francis Brown Esq (engraved on reverse).
- Year produced: Circa 1833-1843
- Accession number: CP112/ CP112a/CP112b
- Dimensions: CP112: 80mm x 40mm; CP112a: 50mm x 26mm; CP112b: 38mm x 28mm